[Typo3-dev] ImageMagick path

Ludwik Górski ludwik at iceage.pl
Fri Mar 19 01:15:32 CET 2004

Hellow

I have a problem with installing ImageMagick on a hosted server. The
problem is that I am not able to set environmental variables, and the
Imagick binary instalation requires setting:

export MAGICK_HOME="path/to/ImageMagick"

Without this, running ImageMagick by shell returns error:

./convert: error while loading shared libraries: libMagick.so.6: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory.

The server is running a unix system. Is there a way to configure Imagick
or to set up directory structure in a way that the lib directory is
found automatically without this env. Variable. Or maybe a way to run
imagick with a directive telling where to look for libs?

Also, isn;t it possible to scale images without Imagick? I think that
Gdlib has this possibility, but Typo3 doesn't implement this, right?
Would it be difficult to change?

Greetings

Ludwik Górski