[Typo3-dev] idea for a new page type: popup

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Mar 16 15:10:44 CET 2004

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> Hi
>
> There already is an extension that does about this - it adds a field
> to the page header (of advanced pages), that allows to open a
> popup. Works quite nicely.

Talking about gsi_popup? I should know that one. ;-)

That extension will add a pop-up to a page. What I now want is a page
that is opened in a new window when used in a menu.

Think of a sites main menu, which includes a "help" menu item. Now
imagine you want to open the help page itself in a new window. I don't
want a page that opens the help page. Instead of href="index.php?idxxx"
I want href="javascript:window.open('index.php?id=xxx')" done by simply
choosing an approriate page type or perhaps choosing an option somewhere.

AFAIK, this can only be done by changing the code for the MENU content
objects as they will have to know either the type or the setting of this
magic flag of the pages.

Masi