[Typo3-dev] DBAL: Call for sponsors

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Thu Mar 4 11:17:11 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 10:06, Jan-Erik Revsbech wrote:
> Apparently the first mail I sent did not get through, so here it comes
> again...
>
> I agree that DBAL should not have top priority, but I do think that the
> abstraction layer will provide several benefits, for instance a coherent way
> to do queries which will minimize the risk of SQL injection. Extension could
> benefit from this.

A very good point.

> So if the DBAL-projects can be finished in a relatively short time, I agree
> that it should be put in 3.6.
>
> I also think that version 3.6 should get out as fast as possible as it
> provides som many nice features, especially when integrated with
> TemplaVoila.

I will do my best. As Masi said 3.6.0 is fairly stable and ready for
production in many ways; all I have on my list before release is
basically to fix a bunch of minor bugs and add smaller features which
people have requested and which makes sense to get done. The reason is
that immediately after a release work will start on major things like
versioning so this is also the time to attend the small needs. Including
documentation btw.