[Typo3-dev] DBAL: Call for sponsors

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Thu Mar 4 00:09:50 CET 2004

Hey folks,

although I've considered the DBAL as a unneccessary luxury - which
Kasper did as well -, I recently changed my mind.

The DBAL will not only be neccessary for using other databases. Much of
the work for creating the abstraction class(es) will also be necessary
to make XML queries possible, which will be a very important issue while
you're using templavoila for instance. Another point is cleaning of
TYPO3's internal architecture related to database queries.

After knowing the details of how it will be implemented and what
positive side effects it will have, I also plead for getting started
with it right now. If you have a client or are in the position to raise
some funding, just do it!

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And i dare to say, i’m doing just fine without ;)"