[Typo3-dev] base class for specific services - how to?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Mar 1 16:46:18 CET 2004

Hi!

I was musing on the mentioned mailer service. The idea was that there is
a mailer API which will be implemented by different extensions, eg one
for mail() another for SMTP.

But how can one "base extension" provide a base class for the others?
It's not reasonable that all extensions implement their own eg addTo()
method, etc.

t3lib_svbase is fine but I'd like to have a say tx_mailersvbase. What's
the appropriate require_once statement for the "child extensions"?

Masi