[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 and PHP 5

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Tue Jun 29 03:43:12 CEST 2004

Hi

Jean-Marie Schweizer <jms at marktauftritte.ch> writes:

> @Christian Jul Jensen
> @Dan Frost
> @Anyone else who has experience with TPYO3 and PHP
>
> I'd like to write something about that in the install documentation
> for the section requirements to give an overview.
>
> I'd appreciate if you could give me quick update on that.

I did a test with PHP5rc3, and the problems remain, they are:

* PHP5 issues an E_WARNING error if array_merge with one or more
  arguments that are not arrays.

* PHP5 issues an E_FATAL error if accessing an array index on a
  non-array type.

The first is a thing we should change in the TYPO3 core, the second i
something we hope will be changed in PHP5, but it has not so far.

I have written some utility functions to work around these problems
and make TYPO3 PHP5 compatible, if Kasper agrees these will be added.

It will though still require a lot of testing before TYPO3 can be
regarded officially PHP5 compliant.

Sorry for the late answer, I'm rarely online these days.

Take care

--
./julle