[Typo3-dev] ext dev question: category to display?

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Tue Jun 29 18:25:38 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Daniel Pötzinger wrote the following:
> I think the rest is php... Read out the configured categorys to display and
> then make your database select statment just in the way you posted above..
> (Syntax: categoryb IN ('1','2')) Or what do you mean?

 Sounds more like a MM relation problem.

 person
 person_category_mm
 category

 One person can have many categories and a category can be assigned to
 many persons.

 You can solve this either with mm tables (as outlined above) or you may
 (if you've chosen to use a comma separated list) use FIND_IN_SET while
 iterating over one list split by ',', though that's an ugly solution...
 (don't even think about it *hehe*) ;-)
 So make sure you've selected "real mm relations" in the kickstarter!!

 For the plugin you may chose the comma separated list, no problem here,
 as you can easily construct a query like:
 "WHERE category.uid IN ('".$this->cObj->data['tx_my_ext_cats']."')"...
 (check if tx_my_ext_cats is not empty before
 but... that's another story... ;-))

 Check out the mm methods in t3lib_db...

 bye
 Wolfgang