[Typo3-dev] ext dev question: category to display?

Philippe Gagnon philgag at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:59:50 CEST 2004

Hey all,

I'm trying to devlop an extension in order to list and display details of
the people that works  here, at university laval.

I've watched all videos regarding extension devlopment, with Kasper doing
his CD listing. (very good videos btw)

With my own extension, a person have 2 differents category fields. Because
one person can be part of multiple category at the same time, both of my
category field offer a list with a maximum of 6 relations. So I have

person1   -categorieA  - 6 max relations to a kind of category.
                -CategorieB  - 6 max relations to a other kind of category.

What I want to do is like kasper 's cd extension: be able to choose with
category to display on the frontend when inserting the plugin into a page
content. I need to specify 1 category to display for category A and 1-6 to
display for category B.

So basically I would need a listing from an AND statement like this: Display
all person where categoryA = x AND category b = 2,4,5)

What I have right now is all the rights options, but whenever I choose witch
category to list, it displays all of my entry. So basically its not
filtering anything, and I am a bit lost as where to check to see if I made a
mistake.

can you point me out something?

thanks

http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/