[Typo3-dev] Extension Manager features missing ?

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Jun 26 09:44:03 CEST 2004

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> Hi Kari,
>
> IMHO it's not a bug.
>
> I had the same problem and looked up in the source. The lines
> responsible for the private extension lookup are uncommented, but I
> don't know why.
>
> grtx
>
> Andreas

Thanks of this information.
I looked also in the source and there is following comment (made by
Kasper ?):

<!-- Removing "private keys" since they are probably not used much.
Better option for people is to distribute "private" extensions as files
by emails.

I opposite this claim due it is the way to support distributed
development of extensions. I hope that this feature will be back as soon
  as possible.
At least I'm trying to uncomment those lines in my server that I can use
this feature.

> Kari Salovaara schrieb:
>
>> Dear developers,
>>
>> In 3.6.0RC1 Extension Manager has in Import extensions from online
>> repository a content of Private Extension Lookup and there is two
>> fields, key and password.
>> In 3.6.1 this content is missing and there is no way to get extensions
>> downloaded which are hidden by key.
>>
>> Is this a bug or feature ? (or again something that I don't know)
>> If it's a bug, I can add it to bugbase. ;-)

Kari Salovaara