[Typo3-dev] Confused RTE configuration and some tests

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 18:33:07 CEST 2004

After updating to Typo 3.6.1 the editing in RTE gets confused.
(It is an older Website so not CSS styled Content is used)

RTE was configured like this:
   classesCharacter = normal, content2, contentheader, ueberschrift
   classesParagraph = content1, normal, content2, ueberschrift,
contentheader
    hidePStyleItems = *
    hideFontFaces = Arial Black, Garamond, Webdings, Wingdings
    hideButtons = outdent, indent, fontstyle
    showButtons = cut, copy, paste, formatblock, class, fontsize, textcolor,
bold, italic, underline, left, center, right, orderedlist, unorderedlist,
link, table, bgcolor, image, emoticons, line

So editors could style the text with definied classes.

After the update the behavoir was that all class attributs where removed so
styling was not possible.

So I went to test the RTE konfiguration and I think the much options are not
always compatible in each combination or I'am just to stupid for this:

Here are some testresults with configuration and the before text (in RTE)
and the after text (after saving)

TEST 1
#Clear all default
RTE.default >

[.. RTE specific configuration: classesCharacter .. and classesParagraph  to
add standart CSS]

So type "test" in RTE Editor and save:
before saving:
<DIV class=ueberschrift>test</DIV>
after saving:

Questions/Bugs?
-> div where transformed to p which is correct.
-> the class atrribut is removed, why?

TEST 2
RTE.default >
RTE.default {
  proc {
  keepPDIVattribs=class
  allowedClasses=ueberschrift
  }
}

Behavior:
Before:
<DIV class=someclass>test</DIV>
After:
<DIV class=someclass>test</DIV>

Questions/Bugs?
-> Div is not transformed why?
-> I'am happy that the class atrribut is still there that is because of
keepPDIVattribs=class but in the documentaion
    the standart value for this should be include the class attribut?
-> only the class ueberschrift is allowed why did the classname someclass
still appears?

Test 3

RTE.default {

proc {
overruleMode = ts_links, ts_reglinks,css_transform,ts_css
allowedClasses=ueberschrift
allowTags=test
denyTags=p,li,ul,div,test
useDIVasParagraphTagForRTE=1
}

Before:

After:
<DIV>test</DIV>
<DIV>test</DIV>

Questions/Bugs?
-> nesting gets lost
-> <test> Tags which are in the DB where transformed with htmlspecialchars..
ok it is correct
-> Tags p,li,div get not lost (denyTags is ignored?)

Test 4

  proc {
overruleMode = ts_links, ts_reglinks,css_transform,ts_css,ts_transform
allowedClasses=ueberschrift
allowTags=test
denyTags=p,li,ul,div
useDIVasParagraphTagForRTE=1
}

Before:

After:
<DIV>hello <TEST>test</TEST> <TEST class=ueberschrift>test</TEST> <TEST
class=someother>test</TEST> </DIV>

-> So allowedClasses ignored?

------------------------------------
Test 5
---------------------------------------
  proc {
overruleMode = ts_links, ts_reglinks,css_transform,ts_css,ts_transform
allowedClasses=ueberschrift
allowTags=test
denyTags=p,li,ul,div
keepPDIVattribs=class
}

Before:
<DIV class=ueberschrift>hello <TEST>test</TEST> <TEST
class=ueberschrift>test</TEST> <TEST class=someother>test</TEST> </DIV>

After:
<P>&lt;div class="ueberschrift"&gt;hello <TEST>test</TEST> <TEST
class=ueberschrift>test</TEST> <TEST class=someother>test</TEST>
&lt;/div&gt;</P>
<P>&lt;p class="ueberschrift"&gt;test <TEST>test</TEST>&lt;/p&gt;</P>

Questions/Bugs?
->the div tag is htmlspecialchared instead of keeping the classname...