[Typo3-dev] PHP 4.0.6 or 4.1.x?

Stefan Kreisberg, LinkFactory stefan at linkfactory.dk
Wed Jun 23 12:10:08 CEST 2004

It might be more interesting to verify that other parts of the system
might require newer versions of PHP - I'll give an example that made my
choice clear: if you want to write extensions/use facilities like
encryption, certain image manipulation features - you may have to use a
newer PHP release ... Real life example: At my work we say PHP 4.3.4 to be
able to use mcrypt for manipulating sensitive data like social security
numbers.

Cheers,

Stefan