[Typo3-dev] calculation and display of filepermissions in filelist

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Fri Jun 18 20:42:28 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Peter Niederlag wrote the following:
> Is anybody firm how to calculate the filepermissions/bitmaks based on
> different environments(safe_mode on/of, windows)?

 I think it won't (really) work on Windows, you always get 777 for
 directories and 666 for files (when not write protected indeed)!
 (so it seems there is no difference between user/group/others
 for the php functions on Windows)
 (see http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26224 for reference)

 "getTotalFileInfo" doesn't check for group permissions
 (just for world and owner)
 (try to add this check with "getmygid", "filegroup" and compare
 with "&32" for read and "&16" for write permission)
 (t3lib/class.t3lib_basicfilefunc.php)

 bye
 Wolfgang