[Typo3-dev] Incorrect numbering of headings in online typo3-docs

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 18 19:33:51 CEST 2004

Hi.

Having a look at the full TOC of the documentation library on typo3.org
[1], I wondered why some of the docs start numbering with a major "1"
but then never increase it, while others do.

--> correct numbering, e.g. "Installation and Upgrade of TYPO3" [2]:
1. some header
   1.1 subheader
   1.2 another subheader
2. another header
   2.1 subheader
   2.2 another subheader
3. final header
   3.1 subheader
   3.2 another subheader
   3.3 final subheader

--> incorrect numbering, e.g. "Project Coding Guidelines" [3]:
1. some header
   1.1 subheader
   1.2 another subheader
   1.3 another subheader
   1.4 another subheader
   1.5 final subheader

Since starting a doc with chapter 1 without providing a chapter 2
doesn't make much sense, I wonder how I could format my docs to achieve
numbering like in the first example above.

I had a look on the sxw files but couldn't find the difference.
Any suggestions?

--
cheers,
Steffen