[Typo3-dev] RTE / multi platform

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jun 18 22:00:59 CEST 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> And you can read about the RTE API here if you want to deploy other
> RTEs:
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/Introduction-2f59347d00/

Question: can I invoke transformation without actually saving the data?
What I want is to retrieve the data from an active RTE and dispaly the
content say in a pop up.

Is there a special API for this or must I do a RTE->DB-transformation
followed by an attempt to render the snippet stand-alone?

And I want the reverse as well. I want to be abe to put arbitray HTML
data back into the RTE. Well, not necesserily arbitrary, but along the
lines of the original code. Ie. if the temp. image paths follow the
correct scheme a later transform during will be ok.

Masi