[Typo3-dev] Typo3 minimum requirements

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Thu Jun 17 23:15:36 CEST 2004

Hi developers

I need to know more about Typo3 minimum requirements for the Typo3
Installation Basics document (@wiki.typo3.org)

Michael has given me some information but recommended to ask in the dev
list for more.

I want to provide information about minimum and recommended version of
Apache, MySQL, PHP, Windows, Mac OS, all Linux flavours etc.

E.g. told me that PHP 4.0.6 used to be the minimum requirement, might be
4.1.x by now. He also told me that some of you guys tried PHP 5 which
would be a valuable information too.

I would appreciate if you could fill me in with your knowledge so I can
write it in the manual.

Thank you very much.

Jean-Marie

PS: Feel free to join the newly installed mailing list
typo3.projects.documentation and participate. We actually are wondering
who would be willing to help us out as technical backup and support for
the writers. Let us know.

Also, we just started with the wiki. So, don't expect too much yet. As
soon as it is ready for feedback we'll let you know