[Typo3-dev] OT: Quesstion about PHP syntax in extensions

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 23:08:42 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I keep seeing this kind of construction in extension code, but I can't
figure out exactly what it's doing; I can see it's setting
$someVariable to the value of an element of the $someOther array, but
what is the dot ('.')doing there?

$someVariable = $someOther['variable.'];

It comes up when dealing with TS in extensions, as in this case (based
on the video tutorials):

$imgTSConfig = $this->conf['previewImage.'];
$imgTSConfig['file'] = 'uploads/tx_someextension/' .
$this->internal['currentRow'][$fN];
return $this->cObj->IMAGE($imgTSConfig);

...I can see that it's setting up this TS:

previewImage = IMAGE
previewImage {
  file = uploads/tx_someextension/path-to-image.gif
}

..but again, what's with the dot immediately following 'previwImage'?

-Christopher