[Typo3-dev] ImageMagick V6

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Sat Jun 12 15:49:48 CEST 2004

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 17:03, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Dear Michiel,
>
> > Yes, but what's the overhead for making so many system/exec calls for
> > the image processing?
>
> It's not much, but I look forward for a benchmark. Will you do that after
> your holiday? :-)

I'll try to get round to it during my holiday :-)

> > And what about all the temp images that have to be
> > created? Surely that must cause some overhead? (don't know how much,
> > haven't tested it).
>
> The temp images are a sort of cache! Why should that cause any overhead?
> Please enlighten me! :-)

You're right, it shouldn't. I was thinking of extra file i/o.

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
    tel: +31 (0)592.461.467 - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
      Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463
Unquestionably, there is progress.  The average American now pays out
twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.
		-- H. L. Mencken