[Typo3-dev] ImageMagick V6

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue Jun 8 19:09:51 CEST 2004

Hi Patrick,

> From your tests, GraphicsMagick does always better than IM 6 but...
>
> In the colocation world is it realistic to assume that GraphicsMagick or
> even the PECL Imagick extension will be supported/installed ? (I don't use
> those services, I'm thinking loud for others...)

The Imagick extension has most probably bad chances for getting on a hosting
server. But GraphicsMagick could be installed easily, probably just like
the files from http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/.

GraphicsMagick could be the new way to go!

> What's the price (performance wise) on TYPO3 to offer say 3 graphical
> manipulation options ?

I think such a layer wouldn't give much performance loss, but the whole
class.t3lib_stdgraphic needs to become more modular. But that's a huge
task, I think...

> BTW, GIF patent expires on July 7th...
> http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html

The LZW patent! That's a difference.