[Typo3-dev] Additional Stylesheet for visually impaired + chinese/arabic/etc.

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Tue Jun 8 17:43:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

> - Is there are way to ask the browser CSS to universally raise
> font-sizes (so I don't have to override every font-size CSS attribute
> from the main stylesheet)

well if you would define the font sizes in em they would be relative to
the basic font-size the user defines in his browser. But % and em have
other drawbacks which might result in display problems.

I guess the best idea is to create a well structured HTML and
style-sheets that have only a small amount of font-size definitions.
Then creating mulitple style-sheets or font-size switchers wouldn`t be
to complicated. But it may be to much work to redesign the whole BE?

The article from Zeldman (in this orange book you know ;-)) about this
topic is really worth reading.

Two interesting german articles about that topic (I hope I remember
right that you can read german?):
http://www.fabrice-pascal.de/artikel/sizediscussion/
http://www.gerhard-schoening.com/css/msie/rel_font_bug.html

--