[Typo3-dev] Just another braindump ;)

Ernesto Baschny ernst at baschny.de
Mon Jun 7 17:55:04 CEST 2004

Hi!

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Patrick Gaumond wrote:

> "Sven Wilhelm" <wilhelm at icecrash.com> :
> > - -> Presentational form
> > ~   -> Small conference with up to 250 visitors
> > ~   -> Big conference with up to 2000 visitors

> Maybe I'm being pessimistic but the Montreal PHP Conference
> (http://conf.phpquebec.org/main.php/en/conf2004/main) with Rasmus Lerdof and
> Derick Rethans (from Xdebug fame) had about 170 visitors for a 3 days
> conference...
> Ok, lots of sessions where in french and it can had a big impact but anyway,
> just wanted to point that 250 doesn't look that small from my experience.

I wouldn't try to compare it with a PHP conference. PHP is very
generic and can have a broad range of topics discussed. A single
conference about it is probably not interesting to the majority of its
users, who would prefer smaller and more focused conferences.

Typo3 is such of a focus one might want to talk about, and I think that a
much higher percentage of those folks interested in Typo3 would be
interested in a Typo3-Conference.

And imagine it being in Germany, where the Typo3-Hype is already very big.
If well organized, I can easily image 200-300 persons participating (if
its "free for students", add another 50-100 to it). If not more! :)

Greets,
Ernesto