[Typo3-dev] TYPO3company / -foundation / -organisation (was: Just another braindump ;) |-> appendix)

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Mon Jun 7 09:45:24 CEST 2004

Hey Dan,

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 02:11, dan frost wrote:
> I haven't completely followed this thread -  but the foundation is a
> great idea. I think very, very, very,,, (i<1000 ; i++) strongly that we
> NEED, more than almost anything, an international
> foundation/organisation for development Typo3 at the code- and
> marketing-levels.
>
> So this gets my vote

Yes, we do need a TYPO3 company or foundation. There currently are
concrete thoughts about founding such an organisation. But in my opinion
this must be Kaspers initiative as it's Kaspers baby.

Things have started already behind the scenes so I suggest as for the
foundation just leave it for a while and wait what happens.

Anyways, now we have two threads in one:

   - TYPO3conference
   - TYPO3company / -foundation / -organisation

I think both are interesting, I'm especially interested in the latter:

   - Why would you want a TYPO3company / -foundation / -organisation ?

   - What role should play such an organisation in the field of
     agencies, the community, developers etc.? What jobs should be done
     by the members of such an organisation?

   - Who should be part of such an organisation? (Possibly don't put
     names here, but rather describe the role of those people)

Have a nice monday ...

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"