[Typo3-dev] ImageMagick V6

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Jun 6 20:28:57 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I just tried to make ImageMagick version 6+ work with TYPO3.

These guys are so mad, they have simply changed the some parts of their
commandline API! Although most things still work, there are problems with
composite which (in our case) always uses more than two files as paramters.

In IM4 and IM5, the command for combining two images was:

(Of course, IM4 uses the filename "combine" instead of "composite".)

Although this page [1] sais that composite was not affected by the commandline
changes, this does not work anymore!

After fiddling around with that for a while, I found out that the first two
image parameters have to be switched now! So the IM6 command is now:

The perfect solution would be add some new options to $TYPO3CONF and add a fix
for this issue in t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php in the function called
"combineExec".

However, let's first check if this is really the only issue. So I ask you to
check if your ImageMagick version 6.x works with the trick I have just sent
to the userlist (see quote below).

In case you have IM6 somewhere lying around, please let me know if this works
for you. Thanks!

Cheers - michael

... I know we all like ImageMagick so much, don't we? :-)

[1] http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/im6_wrapper/