[Typo3-dev] OT: XP SP2 impacts

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Jun 4 16:44:55 CEST 2004

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond schrieb am  4.06.2004 um 10:24 Uhr CEST

> *Please* don't transform this point of information into a stupid
> Microsoft bashing thing.
>
> Note: Also posted in the english list. (I know lots of devs don't go
> there hence the crossposting...)
>
> I thought it could be in the interest of the community to know that
> the next Service Pack (SP2) of Windows XP due this summer will modifiy
> lots of browsing behaviours for those using IE.

I just noticed some problems with content-type header in mozilla.
A customers webserver is configured to parse .css with php. PHP by
default will send a content-type text/html. So .css files will be sent
as text/html.

As soon as you have xhtml documents this breaks the css in
mozilla(firefox at least). For example the TYPO3-BE is getting really
ugly/unusable.

IE of course still recognise the file as being a css file and has no
problems. It would be interesting if that changes with service pack 2.
Quite sounds like it.

Cheers,
PeterN
--