[Typo3-dev] BE Login through URL part 2

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Fri Jun 4 13:32:34 CEST 2004

Hello,

I know that this discussion has been there before in
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/dev-list-archive/thread/49116/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsword%5D=BE%20user&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Banswered_only%5D=0&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1 ,
but I do think I have a good argument to do this anyway. I want to be able
to execute extension functionality through a cron script. Thus, I will need
to login as an admin, and then do a HTTP request to the extension. What
exactly needs to be done to let my request act as if it was a request from a
logged in admin? It won't do any harm or impose a real security risk if I
have to put (possibly hashed) passwords in the url for the cron script, as
it happens on the server intentionally. Any ideas?

Regards,

--
Leendert Brouwer
Programmeur