[Typo3-dev] More comfort for developers?

Mathias Schreiber [K1net] ms at k1net.de
Thu Jun 3 15:02:48 CEST 2004

Joachim Scholtysik wrote:
> Furthermore a new constants editor would be more than appreciated,
> with constants sorted by Typo3 area like sitemap, menu etc. etc.
> The developer could select in a context menu the menu item
> "Constants" and will then get a list of constants sorted by area.
> Then he/she could choose the required constant.
>
> What is your opinion?

*singing* and who is gonna pay for this? *dub-di-di-dub-da-da*

seriously.
Of course a full blown TS editor would be cool.
We all see the advantages of this thing (and the more to come).
But I have some questions maybe you can answer to...

a) who is going to pay the devs?
b) how can we increase loading time for the thing?
c) who is going to programm this thing? Butsch alone, netfielders, a Team?

If I was able to do java i'd surely like to help.
I can do a huge wishlist, just like everyone who does typo3 fulltime