[Typo3-dev] the horror of different usertables

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Tue Jun 1 14:27:36 CEST 2004

> Now imagine the admin. There are more then 1000 x 4 fields that need double
> administration, probably 100 people don't understand the difference of the FE
> and BE passwords and usernames ... asking nerving questing.
>
> And you say there is no redundancy. Do you mean by this one should use different
> username and password in such cases?
>
> O.K. Kaspar will argue now, that this is again an community example. But it is
> one of thousands community situations typo3 is used in in practice. The world
> doesn't exist only of companies that want to publish some content to the public.
>    That was the case in the last century.

Well, it does sound like a real-world situation, but as daniel points
out, a) either TYPO3 *is* the wrong tool (our goal is to be used where
TYPO3 is the right tool for the job, not everywhere) or b) you didn't
understand how to apply TYPO3 correctly to the problem.

You mention an awfully lot of redundancy which is easily handled by my
100 lines of PHP synchronization code - regardless of fe_users or
be_users are the master table.

- kasper