[Typo3-dev] Rendering / accessing FE page from backend module

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Sun Jul 25 11:27:52 CEST 2004

> As a final desperation attempt I tried getURL'ing the page
> ('index.php?id='.$this->id.'&no_cache'); - but that wouldnt be right,
> would it?
Why not? I would prefer this method (no_cache=1), but you are right the
problem is to know the right location of the frontend, because it could
be very diffrent in diffrent installations.
Perhaps a Input field, where you can give a specific URL to parse would
be great, so you can also parse other sites?

For automaticaly parse the current site in backend you could use two ways:
1.) a TSConfig var (So you can configure the site-location example
sitevalidator.pathprefix=http://localhost/)
2.) See as viewpage did it (...typo3/ext/viewpage/view/index.php):

$parts = parse_url(t3lib_div::getIndpEnv("TYPO3_SITE_URL"));
$dName = t3lib_BEfunc::getDomainStartPage($parts["host"],$parts["path"]) ?

t3lib_BEfunc::firstDomainRecord(t3lib_BEfunc::BEgetRootLine($this->id)):
						"";

$this->url.=
($dName?"http://".$dName:$BACK_PATH."..")."/index.php?id=".$this->id.($this->type?"&type=".$this->type:"").$addCmd;

Beside: I am interested in XML support - Would you go to use an extern
SGML parser or a php-parser (With DOM support?)?