[Typo3-dev] How does passthrough in tca work??

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Fri Jul 23 16:24:25 CEST 2004

The configuration means that the value is just "passed through" - ei not
evaluated by TCEmain before put into the database. This means the field
can be saved/updated through TCE but the value is not evaluated in any
way and the field has no rendering in the TCEforms.

You can use this to send values directly to the database fields without
any automatic evaluation. But still the update gets logged and the
history/undo function will work with such values.

Since there is no rendering mode for this field type it is specifically
fitted for direct API usage with the TCEmain class.