[Typo3-dev] tt_news Extension and XML output

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 22:07:46 CEST 2004

Hello Christoph Roth

> Hello everybody,
>
> currently I am considering the use of the tt_news extension on our
> site. It seems a great extension to me, leaving two questions:
> Besides (X)HTML we need output as an RSS news feed as well as each
> article formatted as a custom XML document (for sharing content with
> partners). Concerning RSS there is already another extension adding
> this functionality (as far as i know).
Yes as you say: for RSS export You can use the RDF News Export Extension
it allready works for that.

For individual XML output a workaround could be to use a new page type
(clear from all additional output) and than use a xml template for your
news, are just use the "RDF News Export" as basis for your own XML
output (I will not take much time)

Another point is to discuss how to implement it in tt_news (Allready a
thread in tt_news newsgroup.)

grettings