[Typo3-dev] make index.php a class

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 16:51:28 CEST 2004

> I can understand that you want profiling on specific parts in index.php
> - but that is such a specific usage that it hardly justifies the work
> and overhead of packing the script code into a class.
>
> What do you think?

I agree with (most of) your points, but still wonder if turning
index.php from a script into something that calls functions (!) would be
better. It might be nice for a few reasons... but i think i'll do a
proof of concept / test code first.

It would be nice to be able quickly to change the frontend behaviour for
various things.

My aim is, as you say, for profiling. I want to write an extension
xdebug which adds xdebug into the index.php and has a backend module to
email all the profiling data to me - so everyone can send me their
profiling data and we can get a better idea of how TYPO3 runs of
different machines.

The only way to do this - an include analysis of $TT etc - at the moment
is to change index.php. Change tslib_fe won't cover the things that
happen before/after it (including the admin panel).

dan