[Typo3-dev] advCalendar plugin in template

David Lanier david at joppacode.com
Wed Jul 21 20:46:17 CEST 2004

I'll start off with the quick question, then follow up with the details.

When using the advCalendar plugin in a template, how do you control its
starting point?

Here are the details:
What I've started off with is pretty simple.  These are all in standard
templates.  I set some basic options for all advCalendars like this:

plugin.tx_advCalendar_pi1 {
  defaultDisplay = 1
  fe_adminLib.create.anonymousAllowed = 0
  fe_adminLib.create.allowedGroups = 2
  displayMonth.displayEvents = 1
  displayMonth.listEventsAtBottom = 1
  displayEvent.addMonthView = 2
}

Then I add it to a custom object, to be inserted into my template later on.

myvars.calendar_bare = COA
myvars.calendar_bare.1 < plugin.tx_advCalendar_pi1
myvars.calendar_bare.1 {
  templateFile = fileadmin/extension_templates/advcalendar_bare.html
}

It shows up on every page, which is exactly what I want.  The problem is
that it only shows calendar items for the page that is displaying it.  I'm
having a heck of a time trying to point it at any other page.  So, what I
really need to do is add something to the above code that tells the
advCalendar to look at a specific page for calendar events.

Does anyone know what value I should set?

Here's everything I've tried so far:
pid_list = 1,4     (those are two pages I want to pull calendar data from)
pid_list.field = parent
pid_list.field = root
pages = 1
pages = 1,4
data.pages = 1
data.pages = 1,4
startingpoint = 1
recursive = 1

(don't worry, I didn't try them all at the same time.)

I looked at the Setup values of its Static Typoscript Code, and saw
pid_list.field=pages, so I guessed that might be what I'm looking for, but
I'm not sure.

What is the meaning of the .field attribute, and where can I find a list of
acceptable values for it?

I do see that it comes from the $cObj->data array, but I'm not sure what's
in that array or how to add values to it, or if I should.

Thanks in advance,
-david