[Typo3-dev] Status on extension reviews...?

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Mon Jul 19 09:45:22 CEST 2004

> Is there any person in the community who we all trust to take over the
> maintenance of the software which I originally wrote (some 6000
> codelines for TER and documentation repository)? We will all depend on
> its stability. We will also have to trust that this person stays with
> the job for a long time so we don't have to engage a new one during
> this. And how can we make sure that this person does not say "Sorry,
but
> business is tough at the moment, I don't have time for volunteer work
> right now".
>
> I didn't mean this sarcasticly, I'm just asking if there is any real
> solution to this reality? I would LOVE to get rid of TYPO3.org from my
> todo list. But we can not hand this over to any random individual as
you
> can see!

Okay this may be out in the woods...
But what if we (the community by donations) hired someone to do this.
Though I'm a private individual, I'm willing to pay a small amount to
support this. And maybe some of the moneymaking typo3-firms might want
to support this as well?

Of course I don't know if the community is large enough to do this.
But the upside by doing this, is that whoever we here is commited to
this task.
Maybe donations could be in form of a monthly/quarterly subscription or
something like that. And what about a gold subscription-plan which would
give some add-space on typo3.org/com.
I don't know if there already is a commercial/add policy?

Okay, this probably is a very long shot, - I know. But they we just my
thoughts :-)

Anyway - It would be very nice if Kasper could concentrate more on Typo3
itself (I sense that this is what Kasper wants more).

Again - just my thoughts.

/Stig