[Typo3-dev] Specify a login page to redirect to when not authorizedto view a page

Kevin Draper kdraper at wildcanary.ca
Fri Jul 16 22:24:53 CEST 2004

Malcolm,

That is the default behaviour of Login authentication.  If it can't find a
Login content element on the current page, then it traverses up the page
tree looking for one until it hits root.

I believe that the new "New Frontend Login Box" extension has the features
you are looking for (but I haven't played with it yet).

Kevin.

---
"Malcolm Stuart-Fischer" <malcolm at communicopia.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.140.1090003867.4698.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
I've searched high and low to try and find the answer to this one.  How and
where can I specify a login page to redirect to if a user is not authorized
to view a page?  I have a login page up and running but when I try to enter
an area which requires authentication, I get redirected to the root of my
site.

Any help greatly appreciated J.