[Typo3-dev] Timetable for Support of PHP5

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Thu Jul 15 15:09:49 CEST 2004

> >> i just got a message from my provider telling me that they will
> >> install PHP 5 at the 04.10.2004,
> >

> > The question is also, whether they are going to offer PHP5 solely or
> > provide older versions in addition. If they don't give their customers a
> > choice, they may end up with a bunch of frustrated users.
> >

> They won't run both versions.
>
> You can find the original mail text here:
> http://www.christian-trabold.de/hephp5mail.html

The information found in this email is not entirely correct (as far as I can
read german) - it _is_ in fact possible to run one version as an apache
module, and the other version as cgi. That's the only way to run them in
parallel. But as I said earlier in this threat, hosting companies are
probably not going to do that.