[Typo3-dev] PHP5

Dirk Steins steins at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 15 09:55:09 CEST 2004

Christian Trabold wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>>> In my opinion this is a bug, and for me it doesn't make sense to do any
>>> more about untill I know what will be the behavior in the final release.
>>

>> my provider (HostEurope) informed me, that the official release of
>> PHP5 is out now and that they will change *all* servers to PHP5 on
>> 04.10.2004.
>>
>> Is TYPO3 ready for that?
>>

> Ok. I found Ingmars Email in another thread which helped alot!

Since i'm also at HostEurope here's what i'm gonna do since it doesn't
look like Typo3 will be ready for PHP5 so early: I will write a letter
to HostEurope informing them that this switch to PHP5 is to early, and
that they should reconsider it. Otherwise we will have to cancel our
account there and move our site to another location. Maybe if you (and
other people hosted at HE also) do this too this will bring them to
think about it a little.

And if Typo3 ist ready for PHP5 at the beginning of Oktober, thats just
better.

  Cheers, Dirk