[Typo3-dev] Timetable for Support of PHP5

Dirk Steins steins at netcologne.de
Wed Jul 14 16:14:27 CEST 2004

Hi,

i just got a message from my provider telling me that they will install
PHP 5 at the 04.10.2004, which is less than 3 months from now. Since we
use Typo3 and since i've read in a previous thread that currently typo3
has some problems with PHP 5 (or the other way around, whatever), which
is also mentioned here
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/System_requirements#PHP_5, i thought i
ask here if there is a timetable for an adaption of typo3 to PHP 5.

Unfortunately the description in the wiki is enough for the
requirements, but not enough to get an estimation of the work needed wor
a switch or adaption to PHP 5.

Yes, i am also very unhappy with this announcement of my provider,
because i think this is much to early, and i will let them know this.

And i will also change the location of the site in question if typo3 is
not ready then, but i would prefer just to update typo3.

So are there any plans for this?

TIA.

Dirk