[Typo3-dev] be_groups[groupMods] restricted to 255 chars by js validation limits?

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Tue Jul 13 16:29:47 CEST 2004

be_groups field groupMods is a tinyblob, limiting it to 255 characters.

I wanted to put quite a few be modules in there, some of them my own modules
with long names, and hit this limit.

I changed it to blob, but still can't add more modules in there - I think
this is probably due to the javascript limit of 255 characters so that the
js form validation on Web->List is blocking it even though the table field
groupMods will now accept more than 255 chars (? is that right)

The obvious answer is to shorten my module names, and I can do this though
of course that is a bit of a chore.

Is there another (easier) answer, and if not maybe this needs looking at
sometime?

--
Simon Child