[Typo3-dev] how to set and retrive session data in a custom extension

Christian Melchior christian at ilios.dk
Mon Jul 12 17:36:15 CEST 2004

This may be a very stupid question, but after looking through classes,
documentation and the mailinglist for the last 4 hours, i'm getting
desperate.

At some point in my extension I have to set a session variable and later on
retrieve it.
As far as I can tell this data has to be saved in the
"fe_session_data"-table, but how do I do that.

The only function I was able to find was in the  t3lib_userAuth-class, but
after having tried to instanciate the class I get dbal-errors

-- CODE begin-------------
$sessionObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_userAuth');
$sessionObj->start();

If someone know a solution, I would become a very happy man.

regards,
Christian