[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Mon Jul 12 11:25:01 CEST 2004

Stig N. Jepsen wrote:
> What is your recommendations? Will I be able to be more productive with
> an IDE?

I use vim for most of my programming work, just because the great
benefit you gain from all the short key macros overcomes most of the
features you gain through a real ide (in fact, for Java development I
usually use Eclipse/MyEclipse for IDE and Visual Editing, and doing the
actual Java programming in ViM ;-) )

However, if you aren't used to vim keybindings, most of the standard
text editors fit your needs anyways, so then ide improments are of
course great.

The other day I took at a look at the phpeclipse PHP plugin for eclipse.
It seems to be quite nice and is actively developed.  They even have an
SQL editor and inline-php-help etc.  Sounds promising and it's free.

Haven't tried the other tools, though, so I don't know if they might be
better.

http://phpeclipse.sourceforge.net/

Alex