[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Sun Jul 11 21:32:19 CEST 2004

Thomas Hempel wrote:

> I'm using kate or emacs cause I code on Linux. ;)

And with me there comes another Thomas using Kate and Emacs under Linux. ;)
(Actually I don't know why, because they got no
"PHP-kick-ass-state-of-the-art" features - but they just do their work)

Just wanted to add some commets about other editors:

- Zend Studio (Win/Linux): I tested the beta lately and have to say it's
pretty much the best PHP-IDE I've ever seen, there is just one drawback:
It's damn slow (written in Java). But if you got a fast workstation und
your priorities are more in features (wonderful 'on-the-fly' syntax
checking) then in performance, give it a try.

- SciTE (Win/Linux): Tried this lately, looks very promising. Has some
features about php, like auto-completion for function names through
API-files (not get these running by now).
I thought about creating those API and Syntax-Highlighting for
Typoscript if I got some more time...

- Weaverslave (Win): Whenver working under windows on my laptop, I use
this little freeware editor. It feels like home and is really fast, even
on older hardware.

If you're used to this macromedia-apps, you can also try DreamweaverMX,
aslo has some nice features (e.g. gives you an overview about the
mysql-data-structure in the sidebar)

bye,
Thomas