[Typo3-dev] multi-subdomain cookies for fe/be login

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jul 9 10:16:07 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:

> In class.t3lib_userauth.php the session cookie will be set.
>
> A customer of us has a setup like this.
>
> www.domain.tld
> sub1.domain.tld
> sub2.domain.tld
> etc.
>
> No we want to share the login. We did this by hacking '.domain.tld' to
> the PHP setCookie() call.
>
> [snip]
 > Perhaps a "cookie domain" field could be added to the domain records.

To avoid overhead this could be enabled by some switch like
["SYS"]["enableSubDomains"] (via installer or localconf.php-only).

Another idea is to further categorize the link.domains even more.
Currently there are "internal" and "exteral" links. For sub-domains I
propose "related" links.

For these three types it would be nice to be able to set the target and
a class. Yes, CSS styling dependent on target.

Masi