[Typo3-dev] extending a table with a new version

tim x27 at e27.com
Wed Jul 7 19:04:16 CEST 2004

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> I talk of extensions I am the owner of. I wan't to avoid users getting
> frustrated and loosing their data, if update the version with extended
> tables.
>
> regards
>
> elmar

Ok ;-) that depends on the code in your php. If you just add two db
fields, there should be no problem. You can test an upgrade locally.
Go to extensionmanager, select your extension then "backup/delete" and
download an .t3x file of your new extension. Reinstall your original and
test an upgrade with that .t3x (delete your tx tables before install old
one)
normally not a problem.

tim