[Typo3-dev] Announcement: TYPO3 wiki up and running

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 7 14:15:48 CEST 2004

In the last few weeks we have setup The TYPO3 Wiki website
http://wiki.typo3.org to permit everyone to participate to the documentation
effort.

This new tool gives everyone the ability to share his/her knowledge of
TYPO3. It's a unique chance to give back to the community and build a
"bottom to the top" new documentation body.

The base structure is up and running, with sections for projects and
different documents. In the project section, we offer developers to have a
place to put code snippets, todo lists, bug reports,
change logs and things like that. Here you have a great place to gather a
team of developers and make that extension you always wanted.

In the documentation section we already have 4 main areas:
* Installation
* Users/Editors
* Administrators
* Developers

And links to most of the already existing documents on typo3.org are also
integrated. Now we're looking for editors to start writing on some of the
documents in progress or any topic where you feel that *YOU* can add
valuable input.

Look at http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/About_the_Documentation for even
more information. To discuss about documentation topics, you are invited to
join us on the documentation newsgroup

Go ahead, browse the wiki, discuss in the newsgroup and make it happen! Many
people with small
contributions can make a big difference!

The whole DocTEAM, July 7 2004
(Also posted in typo3.english)