[Typo3-dev] Ext with multiple plugins, Q1: one config location for multiple plugins?

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Jul 6 15:35:50 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:
>  another way is to copy and overwrite
>
>  plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi2 < plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi1
>  plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi2 {
>     custom_value_for_pi2 = blabla
>  }
>  plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi3 < plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi1

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your hint - this was also the first idea I had one week before. I
tried it like this, (yes, cleared caches ;-) and it did _not_ work as
expected and as I knew it from TypoScript templates. So my (strange)
assumption was that TS code in ext_typoscript_setup.txt is parsed in a
different way than in other files.

Now I tried this again and everything worked as it should. I cannot figure
out what happened when I tried this last week - strange thing.

I solved my problem now using ext_typoscript_constants.txt, see my other
post from today in this thread.

Cheers,
Rainer