[Typo3-dev] Ext with multiple plugins, Q1: one config location for multiple plugins?

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Jul 6 15:29:03 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel, Wolfgang, Stefan,

thanks a lot for all your hints. With the ideas gained from your posts I did
some tries and got a good solution for now: I put all the config values for
all 3 plugins of the extension in the file ext_typoscript_constants.txt, so
admin users can access this data through the constant editor.

In ext_typoscript_setup.txt I assigned the values originated from
ext_typoscript_constants.txt for each plugin like

plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi1 {
	value1={$plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors.value1}
	value1={$plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors.value2}
}

where the values are relevant. This works fine now and all settings are
bundled at one location.  :)

I have only one question left: The new doc "TYPO3 Core APIs" says on page 5
the use of ext_typoscript_constants.txt and ext_typoscript_setup.txt is
"deprecated (use static template files instead...)".

As far as I found out while doing experiments with kickstarter the
"static"-directories are generated within each plugin-subdirectory (pi1,
pi2, pi3). If this is right this means similar values would be located in
different files (one for each plugin). Is there a possibility to use one
static template file (accesible through constant editor) for all 3 plugins
within my extension?

Thanks again,
Rainer