[Typo3-dev] Directory menu inside of mounted page tree

Mark Ravitz mark_r at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 5 23:19:05 CEST 2004

Hi Developers:

I submitted this problem to the users list and nobody seems to have an
answer.   I've spent many hours trying to figure this out.  Please help!

I have a 'special=directory' menu which is _inside_ of a mounted page
tree.

I need the 'special=directory' menu links to include the MP get
variable, or else every time someone clicks on the 'special=directory'
menu they will pop out of the mounted root line.

I  tried:

    menu_horiz = HMENU
    menu_horiz.special = directory
    menu_horiz.special.value = 18
    menu_horiz.1 = TMENU
    menu_horiz.1 {
            addParams =  &MP={GPvar:MP}
}

but I can't figure out how to make the '{GPvar:MP}' substitution
happen.  The literal text is included instead of the actual value of the
MP get variable.

Then I tried including the following PHP_SCRIPT to set the parsed
typoscript 'addParams' variable correctly:

<?
if ($mp = t3lib_div::_GET('MP')) {
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->tmpl->setup["page."]["20."]["subparts."]["menu_horiz-div."]["1."]["addParams"]
= "&MP=" . $mp;
}
?>

This sets the addParams value correctly, but it happens too late.   It
seems like the value has already been read by the menu rendering code.
(I've got no-cache set in the admin panel.)

Could you possibly tell me (or direct me to documentation) about how to
run the script before the menu rendering code looks at the value but
after the typoscript templates are parsed, or perhaps there is a way to
make the {GPvar:MP} substitution happen correctly in the addParams
typoscript.

Is there another solution?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Mark