[Typo3-dev] You are the Programmer

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Jul 4 19:52:55 CEST 2004

Hi Robert,

> PHPmyadmin is an extension for TYPO3, you don't have to use it. Just
> delete it if you like.

My original mail (which he replied to) was about the idea of extending PMA
so that it can be used from within TYPO3 but with no changes required.

This way we could replace the PMA extension with a much smaller one that
simply creates a new BE module, asks for the path to PMA and connects to it
using the given username and password.

Once this extension is so small I think there is nothing against keeping it
as a system extension.

About the DB abstraction:
I think this is not our job to affirm that. Let's wait for "WebDB" which
looks quite promising (using ADOdb, based on phpPgAdmin which is based on
phpMyAdmin...):
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=754400&forum_id=115883
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/phppgadmin/webdb/

BTW, it looks like the PMA developers are not interested to start something
like that. They recommend WebDB as well:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=23067&atid=377411&func=detail&aid=572725

Cheers - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html