[Typo3-dev] ['ctrl']['label'] generated by a function?

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Sat Jul 3 19:06:47 CEST 2004

* Martin T. Kutschker <Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net> [040702 15:27]:
> >what about letting MySQL doing the job?
> Typo3 is heading for DBAL. Date functions have the nasty habit of being
> database specific.

OK, you are right, but as the original poster was naming MySQL I was
giving this idea.

> What IMHO is missing in Typo3 is an output conversion for fields. Or did
> I miss this featues and it's already there? But... with an output
> conversion comes the need of an input conversion.

Hmm, isn't than PHP for such a job? strftime() or gmstrftime(). If
starting this in TYPO3 would/could lead to a re-implementation of
another scripting language, ... Or am I totally wrong?

Have fung
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100