[Typo3-dev] Usermanagement improvement for managing contents possible?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sat Jul 3 01:26:47 CEST 2004

I think I will soon have time to implement this.

What I imagine to do is the following;

Like you can configure a field to be an "exclude" field (enters into the
"Allowed Excludefields" list) I imagine that a selector-box field (or
radio-button field for that matter) can be configured to require
explicit access per-value. In the backend usergroup there would be a big
list where all selector boxes across tables having this feature enabled
will list their possible values from the selector and you select which
ones are available for the user group - just like you do with exclude
fields. Of course there will be a corresponding API function to query if
you want to know if a value is allowed.

This will enable "hardcore" access to Content Element types - and other
values such as the list of available plugin types for a user.

One problem that we will soon face is:
- Should the list grant EXPLICIT access to values (meaning that no user
can select a value unless entered in his member groups)
- Or should the list PREVENT access to values selected (meaning that by
default all values are available EXCEPT those that are configured)
- Or should the configuration even go as far as to value level so you
can pick, say "Text", "Text w/Image" and "Insert Plugin", and make
access control only for them (assuming that all other values are by
default available of course).

What do you think folks?

- kasper