[Typo3-dev] ['ctrl']['label'] generated by a function?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jul 2 15:27:11 CEST 2004

Juergen Egeling wrote:
> * Thomas Murphy <murphy at thepanemgroup.com> [040630 13:53]:
>
>>my problem: The label field in my extension should be a date-string.
>>It's only shown by it's equivalent mysql or unix-timestamp...

WHy don't you use a Typo3 date field? Won't it be converted to a date in
lists?

> what about letting MySQL doing the job?

Typo3 is heading for DBAL. Date functions have the nasty habit of being
database specific.

For PostgreSQL I know some stored procedures that mimick MySQLs native
functoins. And MySQLs newer version try IIRC to add some "standard"
(read Oracle and/or MS SQL) functions. So either your extension will
require MySQL or specific versions (or stored procedures) on other databases

What IMHO is missing in Typo3 is an output conversion for fields. Or did
I miss this featues and it's already there? But... with an output
conversion comes the need of an input conversion.

Masi